Smart-Tec Solutions provides services and solutions to utility and property management businesses in Toronto, ON. Developed by TTAG Systems, a partner of RFID Canada, provides efficient solutions to monitor on-site employees as they visit different maintenance locations, giving the company fast and accurate data on each employee, as well as property and asset check-ins.
- While geo-fencing and enabling the location services on the site person’s phone was an obvious option, this approach was only capable of providing a general visit location and no hard data to see if the employee checked the asset.
- While all other approaches were viable, they resulted either in higher capital and operating costs or required significant maintenance efforts.
How the Product Helped
- Attaching an NFC tag to every asset was simple, inexpensive and requires no connectivity or maintenance.
- As NFC technology works within very close proximity, an employee has to physically touch the NFC tag with his phone to record the visit
- The Blackberry mobile app records site person’s interaction with the NFC tags and transfers this information to the web dashboard, where management could check the results in real time, including visited locations, date, time and checked assets.
- A real-time cloud-based system for property management and asset tracking that has numerous applications in industries that require tracking of human activity and asset points.
- Low ongoing maintenance and operational costs. The NFC tags chosen were inexpensive, very durable, and once fixed to the assets and location, they don’t require connectivity or consistent maintenance.