DMAC, the Direct Marketing Association of Canada, is an active community for Marketing professionals in Canada. They promote growth in the Direct Marketing sector by providing their members with professional networking opportunities, knowledge-building and training exercises, and advocacy. Their goal in seeking audience response solutions was to create a faster and better way to communicate with their members during presentations and events. The custom solution provided a simple, effective way for DMAC to interact with event participants and engage with potential attendees to increase attendance at future events.
- DMAC was facing problems gathering relevant information (especially feedback from audience members) during and after events. They were seeking a simple, effective way to engage directly with participants.
- Also, event participants were often unaware of future events being held by the organization.
How the Product Helped
- Provided DMAC with a feature that allowed them to conduct live surveys during events and presentations. The presenter could put survey questions on the big screen with audience members having the opportunity to answer via SMS messages.
- Created an interactive messaging system allowing participants to receive information about future events. During each live event, participants could “opt-in” to receiving SMS communications from DMAC. This meant that after leaving the event they could receive important updates, including information on upcoming DMAC events.
- Increased the amount of participant feedback that DMAC receives at its events, enabling it to better serve its members.
- Made communication with DMAC shareholders easier and faster